Praying for Those Going to Nicaragua
There are many ways that you can prepare for a mission trip. Making flight arrangements. Securing lodging. What will we do for food? How will we travel within the country? Is everyone's passport up to date? Do we have travel/health insurance? What immunizations do we need? How many translators are needed? Obviously there are a lot of details that must be taken care of just to leave the country.
But, the most important preparation we can make is to prepare ourselves spiritually. In the Westminister Catechism it asks the question, "What is the chief end of man?" It then answers, "To glorify God and enjoy Him forever." This begs another question, "How do we glorify God?" To put it simply, we are to live our lives as He desires. I believe everyone, yes everyone, should at one time or another go on a mission trip. There are many reasons why I say this. But, one of the best reasons is the preparation for the trip.
For the last 4 months we have been preparing to go to "Glorify God" while we are in Nicaragua. Yes, we've been working on the travel details. But, we have also been working on the personal spiritual details as well. All who are going have written and re-written their testimonies. They have done this to make sure they can share their testimony clearly presenting the Gospel message. They have been memorizing scripture to be able to weave into their testimonies and also share with others as God leads. They have been studying how to lead One to One Bible studies with teens, children and adults. They have also personally committed to staying in God's word and to confess sin so that we can do as 2 Timothy 2:20-21 (NIV) says,
20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. 21 If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.
Would you pray for those going on the upcoming trip to Nicaragua in these specific ways?
- That we would confess any sin areas of our lives.
- That we would stay in the scripture daily, depending on Him and His words for daily living.
- That God would help take care of all the details for the trip.
- That God would use us in ways that we would never imagine.
- That many children, teenagers and adults would come to know Christ.
- That we would strengthen and encourage Pastor Diomedes, Pastor Juan and Pastor Enrique.
- That we would strengthen and encourage the churches in San Francisco and El Platanal.
- That we would not come back the same, but come back focused on sharing God's Good News here, near and far and living our lives to "Glorify God and enjoy Him forever."
Posted on Wed, September 24, 2014
by Jeff Wilson filed under