Nicaragua Bound - How You Can Pray For Us
In just a few short days 10 missionaries will be sent from Severns Valley to go and minister alongside the pastors and church members of two communities in Nicaragua. The names of those communities are El Platanal and San Francisco.
We have seen God at work in both of these communities in some amazing ways. When we began going there were just a hand full of believers meeting and praying with one another. There wasn't an established Baptist church in either community. There wasn't a pastor for the believers. They were meeting literally underneath a tree in the middle of the road in El Platanal and on the front porch of a home in San Francisco.
Fast forward 2 years and we now have a growing church with children and adults. Pastors leading both churches. And a completed church building in El Platanal and one under construction in San Francisco. Each trip we are able to participate in baptism services with new believers from the churches. We are expecting to do the same on this trip.
We would like for you to pray specifically for us as we go in the coming days. Here are the things we will be focusing on and specific ways for you to pray for us and for the communities:
- Sharing the Gospel - This is our main focus. We have been working on our testimonies to make sure they communicate the Gospel message in the most effective way possible. Pray for us to take every opportunity to share with all who will listen.
- Painting the church building in El Platanal - We will be working alongside the members of the church and Pastor Juan to paint the inside and outside of the church. Pray that God will use this building and His people to be a bright and shining light to all those in this community and the surrounding communities.
- Working on the church building in San Francisco - We don't know the exact construction stage of the church building in San Francisco, but we will be helping in any and all ways. Pray for the building process. That no one will be hurt. And that God will use the building process to create interest in people coming to hear and see what is happening.
- Pastor Training - We will have the opportunity in both communities to train the pastors of both churches and also pastors of churches surrounding both communities. The total number of pastors we are expecting is approximately 50. We will begin going through the Foundations of the Faith material that we are teaching in our Core Class. Pray that our time together will be helpful to them as pastors and that we will be an encouragement to all who attend.
- Bible Stories with Children - As we train the pastors we will also be teaching Bible stories with the children of the communities. Pray that God will speak to them and that many will come to know Christ from hearing the Gospel message.
- Building Relationships - Each day we have time designated to spending time with the people in the community. It is through these times that we will have the opportunity to share our testimonies. Pray for courage, clarity of the Gospel and that many will come to know Christ through this time.
- Water Purification - We are taking with us, for the first time, a water purification system to install where we stay each trip. Our goal is to get it installed and train the Nicaraguans how to maintain the system. Getting clean water to communities could literally transform the health of everyone living there. Pray that the installation goes well and that the people adopt the idea of using this water supply.
Our plan is to update this blog each day we are in Nicaragua with information about our day and also, if possible, photos from the day. If you would like to subscribe to this blog via email click on this link: Subscribe
Thank you so much for your prayers and support!
Posted on Fri, May 1, 2015
by Jeff Wilson filed under